Psywar: The Real Battlefield is the Mind

Scott Noble
August 26, 2010

16,979 views

Psywar: The Real Battlefield is the Mind

This film explores the evolution of propaganda and public relations in the United States, with an emphasis on the “elitist theory of democracy” and the relationship between war, propaganda and class.

Includes original interviews with a number of dissident scholars including Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Michael Parenti, Peter Phillips (“Project Censored”), John Stauber (“PR Watch”), Christopher Simpson (“The Science of Coercion”) and others.

WATCH THE FULL-LENGTH FILM ONLINE:

More info:

Comments

2010 / 08 / 27
Charlie says:

This is a brilliant piece of work. Masterful use of music and montage. I also like that it posits class warfare as the overriding motivation behind the vast majority of propaganda.

2010 / 08 / 27
Geobear says:

Excellent presentation of the history and effectiveness of psyops that juxtaposes the idea of elitist view of democracy with the idea that without economic equality there can never be political equality.

The subtheme of Psywar exposes the ongoing class war, and this is its most salient feature.

2010 / 08 / 28
SilverSurfer says:

I already recommended it far and wide.

@Geobear! You write : "The solution offered - to study propaganda - is the film's only weakness. Propaganda should be countered with exposure and with fact; counter propaganda should also be employed."

2010 / 08 / 29
Ambricourt says:

Admirable as this film is, the terrain has been explored in a clearer historical context by Adam Curtis in "The Century of the Self". This four-part series, which studies the movement from commercial advertising to electoral propaganda, is viewable on the Top Documentaries.site.

2010 / 08 / 29
Rachel says:

At last! Opinions from intelligent Americans!
Very informative documentary....what's next?

2010 / 08 / 30
Sauros says:

It just proves that governments and corporations (but I repeat myself) can fool most of the people most of the time. People are cattle. They'll believe anything if it is packaged and presented properly. So much for delusions of freedom.

2010 / 08 / 31
Charlie says:

Ambricourt wrote:

"Admirable as this film is, the terrain has been explored in a clearer historical context by Adam Curtis in "The Century of the Self".

Disagree. I think the historical context presented in COS is in fact fairly muddy. It doesn't delve into the Constitution or representative vs. participatory democracy at all; it attributes consumerism to the figure of Bernays rather than capitalist overproduction; and it fails to link the rise of PR with the brutalization of workers.

And it's three hours long.

I like COS, but I think this film (though obviously of lower budget) is superior for the average citizen.

2010 / 09 / 14
windcatcher says:

Good piece. I agree with Charly above; not enough effort in defining Representive Democratic Republic.

2015 / 02 / 28
Davidjohn says:

A leucina é essencial para o crescimento como um estimulador de síntese de proteínas no músculo. Embora encontrada em certos alimentos, muitas vezes você encontra-lo como parte de uma mistura de aminoácidos essenciais ou de cadeia ramificada fórmula de fortalecimento muscular. turbo force

2015 / 09 / 16
PioneerSEO says:

Everybody likes visual sites, compared to plain-text sites. the primary google understand this and therefore; they provide sites containing transmitting (graphics, video clips and display applications) the next position than different sites.http://www.einnews.com/pr_news/285940862/simple-off-grid-system-review-does-tesla-s-off-grid-generator-work

2015 / 09 / 17
pioneerseo says:

Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people..http://www.streetinsider.com/SI+Newswire/My+Bikini+Belly+-+Shawna+Kaminskis+30+Second+Ab+Trick+Guide+Released+For+Women/10887037.html

2015 / 09 / 19
PioneerSEO says:

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.http://finance.yahoo.com/news/simple-off-grid-system-teslas-145700225.html

2015 / 09 / 20
pioneerseo says:

Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ed-protocol-review-hard-facts-124700162.html

2015 / 09 / 20
pioneerseo says:

Thanks for Nice and Informative Post. This article is really contains lot more information about This Topic. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/diabetes-destroyer-david-andrews-reveals-121000161.html

2015 / 10 / 14
dgf says:

I think this is a false dichotomy since u can't expose it properæy to other people without having studied it, understood it first.v roofing

2015 / 10 / 17
ali says:

You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views. Personal Injury Attorneys

2015 / 10 / 22
ismailkhan1 says:

Excellent presentation of the history and effectiveness of psyops that juxtaposescccam server

2016 / 01 / 01
asefrg says:

I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.
my profile,
clck,
here,
new
click here

2016 / 01 / 03
kajal12 says:

This is really such a nice informative article. Thanks for sharing. Now a days i am looking for msp vip diamonds and fames which is available here http://msphackonline.com and i think from here we could easily generate.

2016 / 01 / 08
jefrt says:
2016 / 01 / 13
happy wheels says:

geometry dash| sniper games |happy wheels | happy wheels 2 happy wheels the game free

2016 / 01 / 19
selenagomez92 says:

This article is very interesting. Thank you for sharing it with everyone. I think that your blog will be much loved and they will visit it often. descargar facebook gratis , baixar whatsapp gratis , messenger whatsapp , baixar mobogenie gratis , baixar mobogenie gratis , baixar facebook , baixar facebook

2016 / 01 / 31
pioneerseo says:

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work read this http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ed-miracle-shake-review-shake-153300648.html