CCTV: When Criminals Control the Cameras

James Corbett
March 14, 2011

CCTV: When Criminals Control the Cameras

Today CCTV cameras are ubiquitous, with Londoners estimated to be caught on camera 300 times a day. CCTV cameras in England are now being equipped with loud speakers so that “anti-social behaviour” can be rebuked in a child’s voice.

CCTV cameras are now routinely equipped with microphones and are admittedly used by law enforcement to listen in on conversations.

IBM, another company whose German branch actively collaborated with the Nazis in World War II, is developing behaviour-monitoring cameras tied to A.I. Computers that scan crowds for signs of “terrorist” behaviour.

Wal-Marts and other retailers across the US are showing televised messages from the head of Homeland Security urging Americans to spy on their fellow shoppers.

And now the federal government is announcing it is ready to test technology that has been quietly installed in the back door of every broadcaster in the U.S. allowing the President to interrupt all radio and TV broadcasts at any time.

In the 1940s, this was a nightmare vision of a totalitarian future. In 2011, it’s our mundane reality.

Full transcript:

2011 / 03 / 30
bob says:

Dear James Corbett:
thank you for your interest in security products, I believe you know cctv camera more.if you have any demand,you can contact me,Now, attch to our company website:,maybe it will give you some help.thank you!

2015 / 07 / 18
Enoch n sunday says:

Dear, Sir/madam I which to communicate with the head of research department at cctv Nigeria,china,USA,
On Re-relationship for global maritime peace & discovery, pls addvice or call +2349053231266. Thank's Capt Enoch.

2015 / 08 / 23
instagram says:

Incredible stuff, worth perusing. Much obliged for sharing! This is exceptionally astounding depiction can be extremely obliging to understudies. free instagram followers no survey get more instagram likes

2015 / 09 / 15
sky telephone number says:

This article gives the light in which we can watch the truth. this is exceptionally pleasant one and gives indepth data. a debt of gratitude is in order for this decent article sky telephone number

2015 / 09 / 21
celen says:

I delighted in perusing your post and observed it to be enlightening and to the theme. freestyle wrestling

2015 / 09 / 23
DEV says:

Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Anand Mishra Star Infranet

2015 / 10 / 01
celen says:

Credit on this splendid occupation !I think this is an educational post and it is exceptionally helpful and learned.

2015 / 10 / 05
celen says:

I in all probability getting a charge out of every single bit of it I have you bookmarked to take a gander at new stuff you post.

2015 / 10 / 23
Anand Mishra says:

I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer. Anand Mishra