Lifting the Veil: Obama and the Failure of Capitalist Democracy

Scott Noble
March 10, 2011
1:53:36

148,044 views

Lifting the Veil: Obama and the Failure of Capitalist Democracy

"Lifting the Veil is the long overdue film that powerfully, definitively, and finally exposes the deadly 21st century hypocrisy of U.S. internal and external policies, even as it imbues the viewer with a sense of urgency and an actualized hope to bring about real systemic change while there is yet time for humanity and this planet. See this film!"
-Larry Pinkney
Editorial Board Member & Columnist
The Black Commentator

Sub-headed “Barack Obama and the failure of capitalist democracy”, this film explores the historical role of the Democratic Party as the “graveyard of social movements”, the massive influence of corporate finance in elections, the absurd disparities of wealth in the United States, the continuity and escalation of neocon policies under Obama, the insufficiency of mere voting as a path to reform, and differing conceptions of democracy itself.

Original interview footage derives from Noam Chomsky, Michael Parenti, Michael Albert, John Stauber (PR Watch), Sharon Smith (Historian), William I. Robinson (Editor, Critical Globalization Studies), Morris Berman (Author, Dark Ages America), and famed black panther Larry Pinkney.

Non-original interviews/lectures include Michael Hudson, Paul Craig Roberts, Ted Rall, Richard Wolff, Glen Ford, Lewis Black, Glenn Greenwald, George Carlin, Gerald Cliente, Chris Hedges, John Pilger, Bernie Sanders, Sheldon Wollin and Martin Luther King.

Visit http://metanoia-films.org/compilations.php for more info.

Comments

2011 / 03 / 10
Steven Ballys Gym says:

see this bro

2011 / 03 / 11
Croft Woodruff says:

Very important insight as to the whys & wherefors of the current upheaval....

2011 / 03 / 12
Barbara Kuhn says:

Great film. Finally, I hear someone say what I've been saying - "We cannot bring about change or have democracy working with the current system. We need revolution."I've downloaded the film for use on my website dailyfumes.com.

I assume the scene near the end of the film is of those war veterans who chained themselves to the fence at the White House mentioned in the film that was blacked out in the media. Would you confirm, as I'd like to say so in the short article I'm writing that will include the film.

c2fmz

2011 / 03 / 13
Henry says:

Superb film!
Amen.

2011 / 03 / 17
John in Sacramento says:

Kudos, excellent film!! I will definitely recommend.

2011 / 03 / 28
Jeff in Virginia says:

Thanks for the film. It's depressing, though, to watch BHO on the campaign trail lying through his teeth, the people cheering and knowing that so many of them will send him back to Washington in 2012. I did not vote for him, BECAUSE I believed he was a shill for Wall St. and George Soros. Wish I had been wrong.

2011 / 04 / 01
Jim Chase says:

If this is the best articulation of a better future that we on the left can provide, then there is none of the hope that Chris Hedges so eloquently expressed in the closing scene of the video. Civil disobedience for what, some vague, disjointed notion of socialism or social democracy or democracy in the work place? Revolution for what? To bring down the system that rewards the rich and powerful to replace it with what?

Perhaps the authors want to ensure the election of a Republican President in 2012 to hasten the demise of America so that the revolution will happen more quickly. Again, what is the vision of the future that we are want to create from these ashes?

2011 / 05 / 03
Ali Mahmoud says:

I personally condemn President parack Obama because he wanted to spread democracy in the Middle East as he failed greatly . People in the Middle east are half learners so they do not know what democracy means . What will you do if a great number of insects and flies attack you ? They will eat the food you store for yours and no solve about it . Old presedents in the Arab countries were saving you from the attacks of these insects . So endevoure yourselves what you had done

2011 / 05 / 03
Ali Mahmoud says:

What has been happening specially in Egypt is really terrible . Islamic Parties spread all over Egypt with weapons , so small groups of people like Christians are afraid of them . They stay at homes . They can not move free . As you know El-Ekhwan and other parties look for money from America . They do not care about people and you know about that . Ask last President Bush what Hamed Karazai asked him for ??? As you had done this crime come and save christians in Egypt .

2011 / 08 / 17
Devon Pearson says:

Thank you for the film. Truly enlightening and inspiring.

2013 / 10 / 23
GeorgeCarlin'sGhost says:

Yo, the part where I am speaking has no sound. Fix that please.

2013 / 10 / 24
Sandra Parson says:

This is an excellent film. It is an accurate account of the state of affairs in the US today and how we operate around the world. What was particularly striking is Obama making drone jokes as we watch dead children being picked up from piles of rubble as well as the children with missing limbs. The idea that Obama would make drone jokes shows what abject evil is and you don't have to be religious to recognize human evil for what it is. Everyone who views this: forward it to as many people as are willing to face the truth.

2014 / 11 / 26
Celesta says:

If code do not generate, don't worry just hang around a minute as well as
reclaim the code. We desire you will obtain the fresh iTunes code totally [url=http://freecodespool.com/23-2/]how to get free
itunes card codes[/url]. roomie!

2015 / 02 / 16
Jimmy says:

Education can be practice by way of a man or women involves comprehend herself. In case a person might comprehend his own personal check over here along with personality, he is able to steer an amazing life. The options and then made will probably be powerful.

2015 / 02 / 16
davidjohn says:

This who manipulating and given the military the order to use this most terribel poisen on innecent humans is beyond comprihantions.But the german nation after 62 yrs still are branded holocousters?this bastards not only destroy human life also destroing the enviroment for thousends of years.Hypocracy thats all I can say. buy youtube views cheap

2015 / 02 / 19
JackEskin says:

escalation of neocon policies under Obama, the insufficiency of mere voting as a path to reform, and differing conceptions of democracy itself. most popular fiverr gigs

2015 / 02 / 21
JackEskin says:

viewer with a sense of urgency and an actualized hope to bring about real systemic change while there is yet time for humanity and this planet."loft conversions hertfordshire

2015 / 02 / 28
JackEskin says:

John Pilger, Bernie Sanders, Sheldon Wollin and Martin Luther King.Man with a van

2015 / 03 / 05
Fesalone12 says:

I am doing a report on this subject. Your article is full of really useful information. I will make sure to come back to check out your posts for my next report. Cheers
ritenour moving services

2015 / 03 / 25
jackman30 says:

George Carlin, Gerald Cliente, Chris Hedges, John Pilger, Bernie Sanders, Sheldon Wollin and Martin Luther King. Loft conversions Chiswick

2015 / 04 / 02
jackman301 says:

neocon policies under Obama, the insufficiency of mere voting as a path to reform, and differing conceptions of democracy itself. van rental london

2015 / 04 / 02
BlackMen says:

Ted Rall, Richard Wolff, Glen Ford, Lewis Black, Glenn Greenwald, George Carlin, Gerald Cliente, Chris Hedges, John Pilger, Bernie Sanders, Sheldon Wollin and Martin Luther King. stamped concrete walkway ma

2015 / 04 / 09
Wodkie says:

No matter what the people say I feel that Obama is doing a good job with the limitation that he has and the power that he is allowed to use. Just because is someone who thinks out the box does not make him weird. He is different and good. auto body repair shops in hollywood

2015 / 04 / 13
BlackMen says:

States, the continuity and escalation of neocon policies under Obama, the insufficiency of mere voting as a path to reform, and differing conceptions of democracy itself. property management

2015 / 05 / 06
adeem says:

Internet Business Opportunities Made Simple | Business Opportunities from A to Z Always Free - BusinessOpportunity.com is a leading source for finding business opportunities for sale—along with a number of other exciting work-at-home and other small business-model options like distributorships, licensee opportunities and small franchises—any one of which may be specific to your needs. Our team is dedicated to helping you realize your financial goals by providing you access to the perfect business opportunity, one that is just right for you! http://www.businessopportunity.com

2015 / 05 / 08
adeem says:

natural remedies for tinnitus It is ideal rhythm to compel any projects for the eventual besides it is date to be gay. I've decipher this enter further if I could I lust to recommend you any fascinating objects or recommendations. Perhaps you could scrawl after stipulations referring to this object. I wish to study better happenings about it!

2015 / 05 / 09
adeem says:

Two integral fingers up for this magneficent item of yours. I've very liked lesson this paper today moreover I cogitate this domination be individual of the superlative essay that I've decipher furthermore. Satisfy, fulfill this process going on in the ditto excellence. cars lagos

2015 / 05 / 12
adeem says:

Quantum Vision System Review Truly seldom do I pertain above a blog that's both informative alongsides entertaining, likewise hire me communicate you, you've triumph the *on the cranium. Your blog is critical; the issue is something that not manys individuals are talking intelligently about. I'm really apt that I stumbled across this in my rub for something relating to this issue

2015 / 05 / 12
jackman30 says:

sense of urgency and an actualized hope to bring about real systemic change while there is yet time for humanity and this planet. See this film!" Loft conversions Putney

2015 / 05 / 14
jazz says:

Blue Paisley Fine Rugs is Toronto’s newest premier provider of luxurious high quality rugs offering the widest selection in size, colour and services. We believe that every fine rug tells a story and manifests a tradition; it is an investment for generations to come and selecting one should be a tailored fulfilling experience. Our family works closely with our clients and suppliers to ensure that every selection leads to satisfaction for decades. toronto rug services

2015 / 05 / 14
jazz says:

Opportunities Made Simple | Business Opportunities from A to Z Always Free - BusinessOpportunity.com is a leading source for finding business opportunities for sale—along with a number of other exciting work-at-home and other small business-model options like distributorships, licensee opportunities and small franchises—any one of which may be specific to your needs. Our team is dedicated to helping you realize your financial goals by providing you access to the perfect business opportunity, one that is just right for you! http://www.businessopportunity.com Online Business Opportunity

2015 / 05 / 16
jazz says:

I'm now not sure the place you are getting your information, but good topic. I must spend a while finding out more or understanding more. Scorpio Horoscope Thank you for fantastic information I used to be searching for this info for my mission.

2015 / 05 / 17
jazz says:

I love the humor your post has offered. I enjoyed this site a lot. Keep posting article like this. It is fun. custom home builders ontario

2015 / 05 / 17
jazz says:

I ‘d mention that most of us visitors are really endowed to exist in a fabulous place with very many wonderful individuals with very helpful things. Video Horoscope

2015 / 05 / 18
home protect home warranty says:

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.
home protect home warranty

2015 / 05 / 18
jazz says:

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. motor honda terbaru 2015

2015 / 05 / 18
jazz says:

Just pure brilliance from you here. I have never expected something less than this from you and you have not disappointed me at all. I suppose you will keep the quality work going on. Toronto Ontario Prom Limousines

2015 / 05 / 18
jazz says:

That's what makes you the best. You should keep publishing more articles and you will Such Become One of the best writers ever Toronto Party Buses

2015 / 05 / 19
jazz says:

Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up! Text Psychic UK

2015 / 05 / 21
jazz says:

Your blogs further more each else volume is so entertaining further serviceable It appoints me befall retreat encore. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. euromillions

2015 / 05 / 23
jazz says:

Buongiorno a tutti mi considero anch'io un soddisfatto utilizzatore di iPad nonostante che si sia incrinato lo schermo da pochi giorni Vorrei semplicemente fare i complimenti al bloggerche ha scritto questo articolo sia per la scelta dei contenuti che per il modo chiaro di sviscerarli I migliori saluti a chi come me non può vivere senza iPad
vetro rotto ipad air