Skeptical on Syria: 'Media reports framed & manipulated'

James Corbett
August 31, 2011

Skeptical on Syria: 'Media reports framed & manipulated'

A London-based human rights group claims around five hundred people have been killed in Syria during Ramadan, the majority of them, civilians. Another group of activists released a report, suggesting dozens of people, including children, have been tortured to death behind bars for taking part in the anti-regime uprising.

James Corbett, who's an Osaka-based editor of the independent news website http://www.corbettreport.com, believes the latest report on prison casualties is one sided, but says this is to be expected in an era of media manipulation.

Comments

2012 / 03 / 31
John Weston says:

The Iraq war was the turning point of my belief in news reporting, which convinced me of its real aims of propaganda.
Since then, I have tried to subscribe my postings--especially to "The Guardian"--these have been banned--under a pretext of non-compliance with their "rules"--it is censorship, pure and simple.Yet rants and banality are acceptable, regardless of their irrelevancies--so long as they do not undermine the editorial thrust of opinion.
I am grateful for your coverage of events and foresights, which confirm many of my suspicions of corruption in the coverage of history and Middle East wars and "revolutions".

2015 / 07 / 12
new year 2016 says:

i would like to tell you thanks for your nice blog posts. new year 2016 happy new year 2016 bonne année 2016 hghg

2015 / 08 / 21
emadahmed1995 says:
2015 / 09 / 11
jk9 says:

obat kolesterol tinggi Kolesterol tinggi kebanyakan disebabkan pada pola makan yang tidak teratur.
Toko Obat Herbal Veherba Orderan dengan jasa pengiriman ke luar kota kami buka sampai dengan pukul 21.00 WIB setiap hari. Pelayanan kami buka 24 jam Non Stop.
Jual Amazon Plus Minuman herbal ini diproduksi oleh suatu kebaikan bio teknologi masa sekarang, dan juga menggunakan jasa banyak ahli di bidang pengobatan.
Khasiat K-Muricata Acetogenin yang mampu mengatasi sel kanker 10.000 kali lebih kuat dibanding Adriamycin (obat yang digunakan di dalam pengobatan kemoterapi).

2015 / 09 / 15
sufiya says:

Your post is truly good and informative I actually enjoy reading them every day. I’ve learned a lot from your post Thank you so much for sharing this nice post. Keep it up… Sepak Bola

2015 / 09 / 26
pioneerseo says:

It proved to be Very helpful to me. Thank you so much And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/organifi-green-juice-review-juice-141200301.html

2015 / 10 / 06
purv says:

Cute Merry christmas Quotes

Merry Christmas Quotes for friends

2015 / 10 / 27
ismailkhan1 says:

Your post is truly good and informative I actually enjoy reading them every day. cccam server